Monday, October 22, 2012

Hope


            In the second presidential debate, Mitt Romney said that a lot of people had just plain given up hope and stopped looking for jobs.  Whether that is the fault of the current administration or not is for the politicians to argue.  I don’t care about the politics.  I do care that Mr. Romney was correct. 

I liken it to when I finish cleaning the living room and move on to the dining room.  Within five minutes, my five year old daughter has undone everything that I did in the living room.  It’s a continual battle.  I clean and she gives me more to clean.  Eventually I throw my hands in the air and give up.  Does that make me lazy?  Not really.  I’ve just hit my breaking point. 

Many people out there in this economy have gone to job interview after job interview and put hours into sending out resumes.  But, there are only so many jobs out there and there are so many people looking.  Eventually, some people hit their breaking point.    

Now is a good time for those of us who are blessed with a job to give them hope.  All you need to do is check out your community website or your church to find a program that fits you.  Maybe you have clothes to donate.  Maybe you have canned goods.  Maybe you have time to volunteer.  Whatever the case, a little hope can make a big difference.   

No comments:

Post a Comment