Monday, November 26, 2012

Giving Tuesday Made Easy


            About four years ago, my mom told me that for Christmas she wanted me to either volunteer somewhere or give to charity in her name.  She dropped this bomb on me in November.  No problem.  Not really.  The charity could not be one of the big ones.  In other words, “Don’t just throw money at a charity and call it good.” 

            With “Giving Tuesday” less than twenty four hours from now, you might be panicking like I did four years ago.  Take a deep breath and know that the people at “Giving Tuesday” have made it easy.  Just go to their website at http://givingtuesday.org and click on the “Partners” button.  Then scroll down to the “All Partners” area and select your state and click the “sort” button.  Then find a cause that fits you. 

I think you will be surprised to find organizations that you have never heard of.  I know I have.  Take some time out tonight and browse the site.  I’m sure you will find something that you can believe in.  Good Luck and I hope to hear about your stories of doing a good deed on “Giving Tuesday.” 

Your stories are welcome at the “Giving Tuesday” site as well as my email box: sowaseednow@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment