Friday, May 3, 2013

Let's Throw a Housewarming Party!


                I’ve always been better at destruction than construction.  Have a remodeling project?  Call me to get rid of the old stuff.  So, projects like Habitat for Humanity are best left for others.   When it comes to charity, you have to know what you’re good at. 
                All the times that I’ve heard the people at church ask for volunteers to do a job for Habitat, I’ve wondered about the people moving in to the house.  Is the house empty?  Do they have anything to put in the house?  I began to think about how cool it would be for them to walk in the kitchen, open a cabinet and see dishes, glasses or pots and pans.  A drawer could be holding towels or silverware.  When I inquired about it, nobody knew what happened once the house was built. 
                It sounds to me like a housewarming party is in order.  So, send out some invitations, make some hor d’oeuvres, and ask guests to bring a gift to donate to building a home out of the house that was built.  

No comments:

Post a Comment