Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Fountain of Youth


                I’m sorry, if my title misleads.  I’m not here to talk about a magical spring which makes you young.  Although, I’ve been told by many that volunteering does keep you young.  Today’s post talks about the “Kohl’s Cares Scholarship Program, which awards young volunteers up to ten thousand dollars for college.  Nominations are accepted for students ages 6 to 18 until March 15.  Yes, there will probably be quite a few nominations and the competition will be tough.  But I take this as a good thing.  I’d like the nominations to pour into Kohl’s like a fountain…a fountain of youth. 

                I know there are many young men and women, boys and girls out there who are giving their time and energy to help people in their communities.  If you know of a young volunteer that you would like to be recognized, please google “Kohl’s Cares Scholarship Program,” and nominate away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment